Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Moving Across the Country

So! Here is my very first post on my blog, or my very first attempt at trying to stay in touch now that we have graduated and moved from Utah. It's been awhile now since we've actually arrived in Florida, but a lot has happened in between that and leaving Utah so I'll have to do just a little bit of catching up. Driving all the way out here was quite the adventure, but I'll try and condense everything so that I can actually write about what's going on right now.
Road Trip Phase 1: Beautiful, Beautiful California
Of course we couldn't actually move away from Utah without saying goodbye to our home state! So our move started out by driving roughly nine hours in the wrong direction and taking a two-week pit stop at Dave's parents' house. It was a really fun visit that went by way too fast. While we were there we tried to cram in as many of the things we were going to miss--which involved spending lots of time with our family, multiple trips to the beach, and eating more Thrifty's ice cream than was probably wise. I also celebrated our move back to a coastal state early by buying a new swimsuit. The trip ended like all of our trips to California end--with us reluctant to leave and second-guessing what lengths we would be willing to go to in order to move back there.







Road Trip Phase 2: Deserts, Caves, More Deserts, and More Caves
To be continued...

3 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! Dana! I hijacked Jeff's facebook to find this news that you've started your blog. I'm a fan. I still need your email so I can invite you to ours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Dana!! I love it! I may have to start a blog, too! Great pics - we sure loved having you visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. danaleemurphy@gmail.com I'm very excited to see your blog--especially pictures of my new nephew!

    ReplyDelete