Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Bit Belated

So apparently I was really busy during July (or maybe just really lazy) and I did not follow through on my goal to keep up with this! I could see this as a bad sign but I'm just going to write it off as a fluke. Honestly July was a little crazy. I started a new job, flew back to California for two weeks, and took a short trip to the ER after my digestive track decided that it only wanted to move in reverse for a while.  That last one was not so fun, and still hasn't been sorted out (other than being told several things that it is not). I just hope its not a food allergy to something I love. Like strawberries. Or anything dairy.
But on to better news: my new job! I knew before I was going to graduate that it would be very hard to find a teaching job. The possibility of coming across something to even apply to was going to be rare, and it would have taken a nice combination of luck and providence to actually get something. So the fact that I am not going to be guiding and shaping young minds was less of a shock and not too much of a let down--although I still get super nostalgic when I think about my old classes. Especially when I read election news and I think about how they're all going to be old enough to vote and voice their different opinions. Still I am really grateful  for finding the job I had now. I'm working at a local law firm doing marketing and legal assisting, and it is going nicely. I'm usually really busy, so I don't get bored at all, my co-workers are interesting and nice, and the firm has a really comfortable atmosphere. I think my favorite perk would be the paid vacation. Honestly, whoever came up with that idea is genius. Plus it is full-time, good paying work, which is more than can be said for a lot of people's situations right now.
As for our trip to California, I have an awful confession to make. I did not take any pictures. Not a one. I thought I had broken out of that bad habit but I supposed I still need to be more disciplined about taking out time to take a few shots of things. Which is not to say that no pictures were taken of me, since we went out there for two different weddings. So I will have to snag a few pictures from other sources, which is a pity because both of the weddings were lovely and I wish I had pictures to share right now.
This is what I spent part of my very first paycheck on.
I do at least have belated pictures and video from our 4th of July celebrations, which were very firework centered. I believe you can hear me laughing with glee in the video.






No comments:

Post a Comment