Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Somewhat Lazy and Sickly Saturday and Sunday

Lately it seems like there is a bug going around all of Gainesville. Me, Dave, all of the lawyers at work, half of the little kids in nursery, and various other friends and acquaintances have all gotten sick in the past few weeks. Hopefully we're all just passing the same thing around and once we get better that will be the end of it. With all the people getting sick it's been hard to pinpoint who exactly gave it to me, but Dave's been sick since Monday or so and I've been sick since Wednesday. We both bravely slugged it out until the weekends, since neither of us could really spare time away from work or school.
Dave is already halfway through his first semester and finals are steadily approaching (gasp!). He is buckling down and working on his outlines in addition to all of his other homework. Yesterday he had to drag himself out of bed to go to 8AM mock jury duty on a murder trial (I wonder which is worse--real jury duty or mock jury duty. I bet if it was real jury duty they would have let him off for being sick).
I've been pretty busy with work myself. Just in the last few weeks, I've helped to launch a smart phone App, write, edit and shoot new commercials, and handle a bunch of new criminal clients. I like that it's busy though, since it makes time go by quickly, I get to learn lots of new things, and it means that the firm is doing well. This past week the Office Manager and the paralegal in the criminal department started a very long vacation, which has left me and the secretary (who is also a recent hire) to take care of things while she is gone. So far things are going well, and even if it is a little stressful, I like the variety and dealing with all of our interesting clients.
Still, with work and school and being sick I definitely wasn't super motivated to do much this weekend besides drink lots of OJ and take advantage of the fact the Netflix now has the series Wonder Years on instant play. I won't embarrass myself by saying how far into the 2nd season I already am, but suffice it to say, it's just as good as I remember it being as a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment