Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What I Made For Dinner

About twice a month (usually in the middle and towards the end) when the cupboards are getting spotty and the fridge is nearly empty, I enjoy putting off going to the grocery store as long as possible by getting creative with the remaining ingredients. Partially because I think it's fun to experiment, and partially because I get a small sense of satisfaction out of my 'resourcefulness'. Last night's invention turned out particularly well, so I thought that I'd share.


Stuffed Chicken Breast
Three boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 8oz package of blue cheese
4 small apples (firmer variety would be best)

Cut a slit into each chicken breast, being careful not to slice all the way through. Slice up the the cheese and half of one of the apple into thin slices. Stuff the chicken breasts with the slices; set aside any remaining cheese. Cut the remaining apples into large chunks and scatter on the bottom of a 9x13.  Place the chicken breasts on top of the apples. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes. About halfway through the cooking time, place extra pieces of cheese on top of the chicken to melt.

2 comments:

  1. This is why your husband is going to be a fatty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um..yum! Can't go wrong with cheese! Have fun with your herbs...I've already been planning what herbs to plant when I move out (in 10 years).
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete