Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Christmas, Crafts, and Law School Finals


Dave is officially done with his first semester of law school! Never mind that he doesn't get to find out how he actually did on any of his finals until mid-January. He is past caring on that particular aspect and just relieved to be finished. (I secretly fret about it, but that's just because graduating from college didn't cure me of my occasionally uptight attitude toward school. I am successfully suppressing the urge). Poor guy's brain is pretty pooped after two solid weeks of studying, stress, and test taking. He has definitely earned his three weeks of vacation.
Still, I didn't find finals weeks quite as bad as I expected. Obviously it couldn't have been that bad for me since I didn't have to take them, but beforehand various people told me horror stories about how Dave would go crazy under all the stress and pressure and blow up at me. I kind of wished that I could just cook whole lot of food, stick it in the fridge, leave Dave to fend for himself, and reappear in two weeks when finals were over. Most of my fears were unfounded and there were no crises or blow-ups. I think I did do more Christmas crafts this year than I have ever done before, but it kept me happily distracted and Dave happily not-distracted by me.

Our Christmas Tree

Post-Script:
I wrote this ages ago but I never uploaded the pictures and it's been sitting here all this time. The holidays were just too fun. Merry Belated Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment